When you purchase music from www.premiumbeat.com we send you a link to download the music in .wav format and in MP3 format. You are welcome to download both versions if you wish. However some people prefer to do the .wav-to-MP3 conversion themselves because they need a specific level of sound compression or for other reasons. This tutorial shows you how to accomplish that.
You can download iTunes for Mac or PC for free at http://www.apple.com/itunes/download
For those of you who came in late, iTunes is a media player that allows you to play and organize digital music and video files. But if you thought that iTunes is just a digital music jukebox, think again! It allows you to buy music online, burn CDs, and sync files. Plus, it allows you to convert audio files easily and quickly.
That’s really a useful function for many of you. Consider for example, that you have purchased background music from a royalty free music website such as www.premiumbeat.com. Now you want to use it on your website, but the .wav file is too big. You need to convert the file to MP3 format. Or, maybe you want to listen to your favorite soundtracks on the long drive to office every day. But the .wav format is not compatible with the music player in your car. So what do you do?
Try converting the .wav files into MP3 file with iTunes. If you don’t know how, just follow the simple step-by-step instructions given below and you are on track.
- Launch iTunes.
- To open iTunes Preferences.
• Windows: On the Edit menu, click Preferences.
• Mac: From the iTunes menu, choose Preferences. UPDATE: If you are using iTunes 8 or iTunes 9 open PREFERENCES, it will be automatically under the GENERAL tab and go directly to IMPORT SETTINGS (You do not have to select Advanced) .
• In the drop down list next to Import Using, select MP3 Encoder.
- Select one of the three preferences from the drop down list next to Setting, to specify a quality preference. Your options are:
• Good Quality (128 kbps)
• High Quality (160 kbps)
• Higher Quality (192 kbps)
- For web usage, you may need more compression. In Setting, choose Custom and then choose between 24 kpbs and 128 kbps according to the quality you want. 64 kpbs and 128 kbps are often used by web designers. (Tip: Always use the Stereo mode for music).
- Click OK to close that window.
- Click OK again to close the Preferences window.
- Select one or more .wav files from your music library.
- Open the Advanced tab on top of your screen , choose Create MP3 Version.
The conversion time will vary depending on the number of files, the type of conversion, and the speed of your computer.
You will hear a beep sound when iTunes completes converting your files. The new MP3 music file will be automatically generated and will be placed right under the original file in the music library (Under LIBRARY select Music).
This text may be copied in its totality and published on-line or otherwise but cannot be modified without permission.
Contact us at [email protected]