Your Guide to Buying Stock Music: Royalty-Free vs. Other Options
When looking for music for your video or game project it’s important to know your options. Discover why royalty-free music is best for taking your project to the next level!
Movies without background music would be tremendously dull. Music turns a film from a simple record of events to a riveting, unforgettable experience that stirs the audience’s emotions and draws them into the story. Music, stock, royalty-free or in some other form, makes a story come alive.
The same is true of music’s contribution to fact-based productions. A film about the fall of the Roman Empire communicates historical events all the more clearly when a background score appropriate to the theme is played. A documentary covering the plight of the homeless becomes compelling when a haunting, downbeat piece marks the film’s critical moments.
Modern video games need music as well. Roaming through a post-apocalyptic world filled with flesh-eating monsters seems more real when ominous notes punctuate the background, and fighting virtual super-villains is somehow incomplete without an adventure theme. Ever catch yourself humming a jingle from a commercial? Radio and TV ads would also be far less persuasive without the aid of a catchy tune.
What’s the difference between stock and royalty-free music?
Stock music, also known as production music, is unique in that the rights to it belong wholly to a particular company, also known as a library. The library either selects pieces for purchase from independent artists or employs musicians, composers, etc. whom it assigns projects to. The library or its employees often receive royalties whenever a piece they performed or created is used. Essentially this keeps the customer on the hook, forcing them to pay additional fees whenever they use the tracks they purchased.
Royalty-free stock music is distinctively different. The purchaser pays a one-time fee for it, and can use it from then on with no further financial obligation to the library. We want you to feel free to create new art with your music; that’s why PremiumBeat offers royalty-free stock music.
The Advantages of Using A Royalty-Free Library
- A huge variety of all major forms of music, as well as many scores representative of smaller or more obscure genres and sub-genres, played with a vast array or instruments, evocative of any mood you may wish to create.
- Your choice of licensing agreements – Our general license is perfect for those who need stock music for a website, business-related video, or artistic film to be shown at a festival. We also offer specialty licenses for those needing scores for commercial theatrical productions, advertising, or CDs or DVDs that are to be distributed en masse. Details on these are available on our FAQ page.
- Ease of access – Once you have purchased a track, you will receive an email with a link to a site where you can download it immediately. No days spent waiting for a CD to arrive in the mail while your project remains at a standstill, and no frustration with weird files or quirky sites.
- Great customer support – we want you to be happy with your investment and to be able to use it within your contractual guidelines with no technical issues or other hassles. Our FAQ page explains the nuts and bolts of using our tracks. Plus, our blog is filled with helpful tips and articles on the more technical aspects of using stock music, and you can always contact us with any specific questions or concerns.
- A simple, clearly stated price, with no hidden charges, additional fees or royalties of any kind—the price you see on our site is the price you pay, period. No gimmicks, no financial sleight of hand, no unwelcome surprises down the road. Honestly.
We don’t expect you to just take our word for it, though. Explore our site, listen to sample tracks, and see for yourself why PremiumBeat.com is your best choice for quality royalty-free stock music. We’re committed to helping your project be the best that it can possibly be, and that’s not just a song-and-dance.