Timelapse with Nikon D800 DSLR & Adobe After Effects – Video Tutorial
Quickly create a time-lapse video using a DSLR and Adobe After Effects using the tips in this short video.
Dave Dugdale, from LearningDSLRVideo.com, has put together an informative video to show you just how easy it is to create DSLR time-lapse videos with Adobe After Effects. Using the new Nikon D800 DSLR, Dave shot a nighttime driving example to test the camera’s ability to shoot low-light timelapse.
The results are surprisingly clean, especially considering the quick motion and minimal light conditions.
In this video tutorial you’ll learn:
- The optimal camera settings for shooting a DSLR nighttime time-lapse (including shutter, f/stop and interval timer shooting)
- Settings for image quality, size and file type
- How to import an image sequence into Adobe After Effects
- Adjusting image size in an AE timeline
- Exporting the image sequence as a stand-alone video
Don’t be intimidated by time-lapse shooting. With DSLR cameras it’s quite simple to create engaging time-lapse videos…even in low light conditions!
For more info check out the full post at LearningDSLRVideo.com:
Nikon D800 Night Time Lapse Tutorial