Blackmagic Design, makers of post-production hardware and support accessories, enters the camera business with the announcement of their new Cinema Camera.
UPDATES // Tech Specs Below
Blackmagic Design updates site to include Cinema Camera.
Blackmagic Cinema Camera tests and thoughts from John Brawley.
This is shaping up to be “The Year of the Camera” at NAB 2012. Blackmagic wowed showgoers today with the announcement of their new Cinema Camera. Chocked full of features, this camera is VERY affordably priced at $2995.
Feature highlights include:
- 13 stops of dynamic range
- Sensor resolution: 2592 x 2192
- Frame rates: 23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 30p
- Large 2.5k sensor
- Sensor size: 16.64 mm x 14.04 mm
- Integrated solid state drive recorder (SSD)
- Ability to capture RAW CinemaDNG (uncompressed) + ProRes and DNxHD files (compressed)
- Touchscreen for metadata entry + advanced metadata support (shot number, filenames and keywords)
- Compatibility with EF and ZF mounts
- Thunderbolt port for capture
- Battery life approximately 90 minutes
- SDI and Thunderbolt connectors
- Includes a FULL copy of DaVinci Resolve and UltraScope software
Blackmagic Cinema Camera shipping July 2012.
The Blackmagic Cinema Camera is looking to be a game changer.
Let us know what you think in the comments!