Best External Hard Drives for Video Editing
With so many different types of external hard drive connections and speeds you may be wondering, “Which hard drive is best for video editing?” Here’s the answer!
There are more external hard drive options than ever before. While most of the options will work, the number of choices can be overwhelming. By knowing the differences in external hard drives and their specifications, you can better ascertain which is right for your video editing work.
Some of the hard drive highlights, tips, and answers from the video include:
- Prevent external hard drive errors and increase longevity by knowing tips for safe handling of drives. Pro Tip: Even “rugged” drives should be handled with care!
- Learn the difference between RAID 1 and RAID 0 hard drives and discover why these distinctions make a difference in video editing work.
- Which external hard drive is best for transferring video while you’re out in the field?
- Which connection is best for video editing — Thunderbolt, Firewire 800, or eSATA?
- Know the difference between the speed of the connection and the speed of the drive, and learn the minimums for working with video.
If you’re thinking about buying an external hard drive for video editing, this is important info to know! And remember — PremiumBeat’s got you covered if you’re ready to learn more about hard drives and other essential video gear!
What’s your go-to external hard drive? Let us know in the comments below!