Tips for Shooting with the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
Blackmagic Design is shipping the new Pocket Cinema Camera. Here are a few tips for getting started with the innovative cam!
Blackmagic is tearing up the pro video camera market, with new cams at incredibly low prices. In the following video tutorial, CheesyCam got their hands on a new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera and shares a few things to watch out for.
A few tips and takeaways from this Pocket Cinema Camera overview:
- Get fast SD cards. Slow cards will result in dropped frames or simply not work.
- Solid state drives provide a good recording alternative over SD cards.
- Video output is via micro HDMI.
- Due to the small profile, you may need to step up the body (with cage or platform) for a lens to clear a mount or tripod.
- There are no audio meters in-camera.
- You cannot format cards in-camera.
- Battery can only be charged in-camera. You will need to purchase an external charger if you want to charge batteries multiple batteries (or out of camera).