Video Tutorial: Creative Video and Photo Ideas Using Fireworks
In this video tutorial, check out some creative video production and photography ideas for your next project — inspired by fireworks!
In this tutorial, we’re going to look at some fun photo and video ideas you can try out using fireworks. (Obviously, safety is the top priority, so please be smart and safe when attempting any of these project ideas.)
You’ll learn how to create some amazing bokeh backgrounds (on the cheap), as well as smoke atmospheres and backgrounds. We’ll also explore some examples of long-exposure photos with fireworks and sparklers — and some creative firework sound design use cases.
The following key points can help you when you’re working with fireworks in your creative projects:
- Use a telephoto lens for close-ups, which also allows you to film from a safe distance.
- Experiment with different frame rates and shutter speeds for different results.
- Look for “Emits Showers of Sparks” on warning labels to identify fountain fireworks.
- Use metal sparklers for more consistent sparkling on long-exposure photos.
- Have one person manage the fireworks while another person manages the camera gear.
- Always check your local laws before using fireworks at any location.
Looking for more film and video production tutorials? Check these out.