NAB 2018: The Wescott Solix LED Light Will Keep Up With You On the Run
Westcott’s brand-new Solix LED light is perfect for any filmmaker who needs a powerhouse light on the go. Here’s a quick look.
Top image via Newsshooter.
To challenge the Aputure 120d, Westcott has finally graced us with their new Solix LED light. The new light is easily customizable (which could be its main selling point) with magnetic barn doors. NAB‘s light releases have been somewhat tame this year, but this is a welcome addition to the list of “lights we might buy this year.” Let’s take a look at what this thing can do.
One of the key features of this light is the speed ring that rotates a full 360 degrees, allowing you to attach softboxes, umbrella mounts — basically anything you can fit. As you can see in the video, this light is for shooters on the go — you can set up the light in no time and alter the power from 100-0 (about 15%, according to the video).
The light has a CRI of about 96-97, and if you buy the kit, you’ll also get barn doors, a diffusion cap, a bag, and a stand. Here are the specs straight from Westcott:
- Versatile daylight LED light for photographers and filmmakers.
- Hassle-free design with magnetic mounting system and integrated speedring.
- Impressive light quality with high color accuracy.
- Dual-purpose dial controls power and dimming up to 2,125 lux at 1m.
- 3.4 lb monolight is compact, lightweight, and AC/DC operable.
- Consistent flicker-free performance and quiet operation.
- Engineered to be compatible with most circular 8mm umbrella shafts.
The price is about $450, so you might have to crack open the ole piggy bank for this one.
Looking for more NAB coverage? Check out these announcements.